Translate

Monday 14 April 2014

Cemetery Collection

As a big fan of cemetries, I always try to visit one whenever I go. Cemetery can say a lot abot the place: its history (names of people say where they come from), traditions, quality of life (life expectancy or state of the graves).
Here's my small collection.



Buenos Aires. Chacarita
First cemetery I visited. The biggest in BsAs. Terrifying I think.


Buenos Aires. Recoletta
Too touristy and fancy. A lot of cats, which was nice.

Purmamarca, Jujuy
Nice little cemetry in the mountans. They build 'houses' for coffins (there were some waiting for new inhabitants) and tell stories of the dead ones.


El Calafate cemetery
I just passed by, did not spend a lot of time there. Looks nice and white, as all town.


Gaiman
Such a nice place! Very peacful and sad: life expectancy here is between 55 and 60, lots of young people. Crazy mixture of Spanish, Italian and Welsh names and cultures.


El Bolson
I got lost and found a cemetery. I was more interested in finding 'Indian head', so just passing-by pic.

Valparaiso
It is on the hill with beautiful views over the town and fun spanish-chinese names on the graves


No comments:

Post a Comment